16.4.09

Going Home

I had met this woman the day before and asked if we could see her home as it had some really interesting doors in really strange places. She shooed me away and wasn't impressed. At the time she was arguing with her grandson, telling him not to leave the house while she was away. At the time I thought, "damn, if only I had knocked on the door after she had left, the kid might have let me in!". So the next day I went back (with a Chinese friend, one part of a very interesting couple, he works in the Navy) and had asked if he could translate. When we got to the house he went right up to the door, knocked, no answer, so he went inside...I was mortified. "No one home" he said (motioned) as we looked around the entrance way and poked our heads here and there. As we left he closed the door behind him with a clink. As we came down the steps I took out my camera to take a picture of the doorway and at that exact moment she arrived, as if it was planned...

No comments: