18.4.09

Locked Out


... the next few moments were really awkward as I was taking pictures of her and her doorway. She reached the top of the stairs and the only problem is that when we had shut the door it had locked behind us. So, we had to stand there while the woman (this is the exact moment in fact) turned around and saw us. Rather, saw me, the guy who had asked her to come into her home the day before. I knew she knew that she had not locked the door. I also knew that she knew that "we" had been in her house and shut the door, locking it. So I stood there, trying not to laugh (I know this is horrible), and my Chinese friend standing tall as all military men should was similarly horrified and trying not to laugh. The woman scowled, looked around, shook the door, glared at us, shook the door, and started cussing. We couldn't move. We knew she knew we were responsible but if we moved it would tell her that we knew she knew that we did it. So we stood there. She glared, shook the door cusing, and we stood there some more. This shacking, scowling and cusing went on for some time. Finally she walked down the stairs, looking over her shoulder at us and went away. I don't know where too, and so we at that point knew that we should leave right away.

No comments: